PainKillers - from subtle to strong
Pain alerts us – and it keeps us close to home and slows us down for healing. When a physical challenge is active, we rarely feel anything. When we move into the healing phase of rebuilding or replenishing a tissue or organ, then we can feel an abundance of pain (that’s actually when most of us think the issue is starting, but actually that’s when it is resolving)! This applies to illnes and does not apply to accidents.
If you think I’m crazy because you have a very painful slipped disc, sore jaw, or arthritis, please give me a call and I’d be happy to explain further, in detail, what I mean by the above.
Morphine and other serious painkillers can dull the pain and ease the misery but also slow down the healing process and cause too much water retention - just when you don’t want water retension to interfere. So if you want to try something less dramatic, here are a few suggestions.
From most subtle – to strongest – within the more “natural” product range:
- homeopathic Arnica
- Traumeel cream (by –Heel Corp.) and MSM cream
- birch and clove essential oil
- 2 teaspoons of cod liver oil / 2X per day
- Proteolytic enzymes – or enzymes that work ONLY on protein – or else bromelain (must be on an empty stomach - between meals - and is not meant for digestion purposes - in this method it is meant for pain relief
- wintergreen essential oil (only available at pharmacies without prescription!!! Politics!!! and hard to find in an essential oils store or with an aromatherapist - that's why they are likely to suggest the essential oils mentioned higher up
- (DMSO, not available in Canada, is great to put under essential oils and this acts like a carrier and amplifies the effectiveness)
And if you MUST resort to stronger chemicals because the pain is too great – then please bypass tylenol (too rough on the liver) and ibuprofen (too rough on the kidneys) and go for Aspirin (minimal stomach challenge).
by Merrie Bakker, Vancouver, BC, Canada, 604-261-7742,
email@example.com and http://www.pacificholistic.com
Live Blood Analysis, Oxygen Therapy, Reiki, Dowsing and Reflexology classes
Subscribe to the FREE newsletter and get the FREE 78 Foolproof Ways to Improve Your Health and read the subsection on minerals such as how to get the most out of parsley - a varitable mine full of minerals...
other articles by this author that you may wish to read:
Oil Pulling - http://www.thehealingjournal.com/node/1473
Eating According to the Glycemic Index - http://www.thehealingjournal.com/node/1462
Oxygen and Ozone Therapies - http://www.thehealingjournal.com/node/101
Castor Oil Packs - http://www.thehealingjournal.com/node/95
Tinnitus - Ringing, Buzzing, Humming & Chirping - http://www.thehealingjournal.com/node/1263
Molybdenum and Manganese - Mining for Good Mental Health and Feeling Better - http://www.thehealingjournal.com/node/1070
Ug99 Spreads - Scientists Scurrying to Secure new Safe Strains - http://www.thehealingjournal.com/node/849
Mistletoe - http://www.thehealingjournal.com/node/81
Get Your MEDICAL BIO-MARKERS - http://www.thehealingjournal.com/node/151
Herb Robert (geranium robertianum) - removing radiation - http://www.thehealingjournal.com/node/153
A Tribute to Dr. Virginia C. Livingston - http://www.thehealingjournal.com/node/96