Tinnitus and Unhappy Jaw Joints
Ringing in the ears is said to have no known cause. It can be anywhere from mildly distracting to completely debilitating and has been around for as long as we have written records. There’s medical speculation that it is due to just about anything - heavy noise exposure, elevated cholesterol, lack of emotional integration (what are you not willing to hear) or a shock delivered audibly (what were you trying to block out or how were you feeling attacked / by phone / someone standing beside you?).
The ear is small and one of the most complex little organs in our bodies - with hundreds of minuscule moving parts that have to work just right. Most tinnitus comes from damage to the microscopic nerve endings of the inner ear that transmit the sounds funneled into it by the outer ear (the part of the ear that we can see) .
However, even when we don't know the exact cause, some foods and supplements have been known to help, along with certain cranio-sacral treatments.
There is currently no "mainstream" medical treatment for ringing in the ears except anti-depressants and ear appliances. (Many anti-depressants and other medications actually make the noise in your ears worse! I was astonished to learn that more than 160 medications list tinnitus as a side effect.
Tinnitus in the left ear was first found by Dr. Donald Lepore to be due to dietary deficiencies that present as an “allergy” or food intolerance to rice and foods that he associated with rice - cinnamon, curry, grapes, blueberries, strawberries, watermelon, wine, pumpkin.
This allergy is easy to correct with:
1. the mineral manganese (found in plants such as yucca, spelt, garbanzo beans, spinach, mustard, turnip and collard greens, kale, chard, raspberries, romaine lettuce, garlic, summer squash, eggplant, blackstrap molasses, maple syrup, pineapple, tempeh, rye, oats) and
2. the amino acids arginine (abundant in red meat, peanuts, almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts and cashews, spinach, lentils, whole grains, seafood (tuna and salmon), crustaceans (crabs, shrimps and lobsters), egg yolks and
3. Proline (found in beef, gelatin, dairy, egg whites, fish and peanuts)
4. And B6 (in supplement form as well as in meats, fish such as cod and halibut, snapper, salmon, cod, tuna, herring, mackerel and vegetables such as squash, spinach, turnip greens, tomatoes and potatoes are the highest in Vitamin B6. Bananas, sunflower, pumpkin and sesame seeds, pine nuts, walnuts, almonds, pecans and pistachios are all high in B6, too.
In the right ear Dr. Donald Lepore associated the “allergy“ or intolerence with wheat and wheat associated foods such as feathers, grasses, wool.
So, for a while, switch to
1. poly-unsaturated oils (safflower, olive and sunflower oils) as well as
2. more magnesium and
3. the amino acid Histidine (found in peanuts, dairy, meats and egg whites). Add in some black walnut and kelp and
4. don’t skimp on sodium (not sodium chloride, of course, but real sodium).
5. Vitamin B1 (sesame seeds and butter (tahini), flax and sunflower seeds, brazil nuts, fish such as tuna, egg yolks, asparagus, cabbage and avocados) are also a necessity.
The missing nutrients may be the key to help the proper metabolism of rice and wheat and therefore eliminate the reason for the noise - and it may take a while - patience is required and all the nutrients involved are good for you. There is no harm in doing this at all, even when you are in excellant health. Magnesium, for example, is integral in healthy blood, bones, muscles and soft tissue. Magnesium is an important catalyst in many essential enzyme reactions; it helps empower vitamin B and E, fats, calcium and other minerals; it helps produce lecithin; it's part of reversing calcifications and counteracting allergies. and the other elements are all precious nutrients, too.
Go to http://wwww.pacificholistic.com and download the free e-book: 78 Foolproof Ways to Improve Your Health and go to the mineral section to read up on the minerals details that may help.
other articles by this author that you may wish to read:
Oil Pulling - http://www.thehealingjournal.com/node/1473
Eating According to the Glycemic Index - http://www.thehealingjournal.com/node/1462
Oxygen and Ozone Therapies - http://www.thehealingjournal.com/node/101
Castor Oil Packs - http://www.thehealingjournal.com/node/95
Molybdenum and Manganese - Mining for Good Mental Health and Feeling Better - http://www.thehealingjournal.com/node/1070
Ug99 Spreads - Scientists Scurrying to Secure new Safe Strains - http://www.thehealingjournal.com/node/849
PainKillers - from subtle to strong - http://www.thehealingjournal.com/node/895
Mistletoe - http://www.thehealingjournal.com/node/81
Get Your MEDICAL BIO-MARKERS - http://www.thehealingjournal.com/node/151
Herb Robert (geranium robertianum) - removing radiation - http://www.thehealingjournal.com/node/153
A Tribute to Dr. Virginia C. Livingston - http://www.thehealingjournal.com/node/96